Why Choose Cloud ERP?
Epicor recently published a document covering the top 10 reasons their customers chose cloud deployment for their Epicor ERP system. We have seen the shift over the last several years with many organizations moving away from on-premise, and instead preferring the cloud. Although cloud was slow to adopt, the business and technical benefits have helped it gain popularity. Let’s take a look at their top 10 list:
- Freedom of Choice. Simply put: you chose between single and multi-tenant. You chose the deployment model that fits your needs best and revise that as necessary.
- Compelling Cloud Economics. Less capital intensive, not to mention less direct and indirect infrastructure expenses. You also have reduced deployment times and increased scalability.
- Better IT Resource Utilization. Your IT department will spend less time on manual processes that can be performed through the cloud and focus on higher-valued activities instead.
- The Cloud is More Secure. According to industry analyst firm Gartner, “Multi-tenant clouds are not only highly resistant to attack, but are also a more secure starting point than most traditional in-house implementations.” Bottom line, public clouds are usually secured and maintained better than private ones are. Sometimes something perceived as higher risk in turn causes them to become more secure due to working to offset speculated risks.
- Upgrades. All upgrades, regardless of size, are deployed as a standard service in the cloud and ensures your software is continually up-to-date.
- Mobile and Collaborative. Real-time integration processes that link employees, vendors, partners, and customers together for easier, more secure and more effective collaboration.
- Business Consistency and Global Process Alignment. Running one ERP system allows you one standardized set of processes with absolute visibility.
- Reduced Risk, Greater Visibility, Better Value. Without the large up-front investment, organizations can implement a complete solution they may not have otherwise been able to afford.
- Faster Time to Value. Cloud offers a shortened deployment time, meaning an organization can start enjoying the benefits of a new system sooner, therefore helping achieve an ROI sooner.
- Social Responsibility. Cloud deployment is considered an environmentally friendly IT decision.
There are more options than ever for businesses of all sizes when it comes to choosing a new ERP system. Cloud ERP systems have many benefits, but you must also understand the drawbacks as well. On-premise ERP systems are still being deployed by organizations all over the world, so it is not a given that cloud is the best answer for all. Still not sure which deployment model is right for your organization? Give us a call today and we can help assess your needs and determine what makes the most sense. 2W Tech is a certified Epicor ERP partner and has experience with all types of Epicor deployments.