Tips To Make Your IT Resilient
Almost all businesses critically rely on their IT systems to run their business. Without these systems up and running, businesses can lose thousands and thousands of dollar per day. If these systems go down due to a natural disaster, temporary power outage, loss of data center, ransomware or hacker attack, lost or corrupted files, or an application failure due to a software virus, the results can inflict significant financial harm. In the worst case, the business will be unable to continue functioning and will go out of business. Being IT resilient ensures business continuity in crisis, but only if executed with forethought and diligence.
Here are some tips you can use to make your IT more resilient:
- Understand your business parameters: each business has unique threats, protection and recovery needs. To understand your businesses parameters, first identify your critical systems and how much data loss and downtime you can withstand for critical and non-critical systems? What’s an adequate protection schedule and what would be the impact of being down for an hour, a day, or a week? Is a potential outage in terms of lost revenue, lost customers and decreased employee productivity quantifiable?
- Understand what scenarios can cause downtime: If you can establish all the different scenarios that can cause downtime for a business, you can plan for each one. Don’t limit yourself to natural disasters or cyberattacks.
- Technical requirements: Can include point-in-time snapshots, full image protection and fail-overs.
- Implement a protection solutions: weigh cost vs coverage, but keep in mind your risk tolerance. Does a singe vendor make more sense or integrating multi vendor solutions. You must also decide between on-premise and cloud.
- Documented data recovery practices: Organizations need to have a clearly documented protection and recovery plan with detailed, current procedures. Having an executable recovery plan in place enables swift and direct action and less interruption to your business. If you wait until disaster occurs, it is too late to execute a seamless recovery.
- Test solution regularly: building IT resilience for business continuity requires sustained attention. IT resilience is dynamic and your solution needs continued attention to ensure successful recovery.
Being IT resilient happens by being diligent about your backup and disaster recovery solution and the business processes surrounding this solution. 2W Tech offers a comprehensive security solution that can help your organization achieve the first steps in becoming IT resilient. We have security experts on staff that can work with you to drive it all the way home. Give us a call today to get started.
Microsoft Azure Storage Options
Epicor ERP 10.2.2 Makes it’s Debut
7 Steps to a Holistic Security Strategy
Interested in reading this article? Click the button below to download this asset.