Protect Your Business with Cybersecurity Best Practices
There are plenty of reasons cyber criminals target small and medium-sized businesses for cyberattacks. They often assume smaller organizations don’t have the financial means, personnel and know-how to maintain the appropriate levels of cybersecurity needed to run a business today. Just three years ago, the U.S. Congressional Small Business Committee announced that 71 percent of cyberattacks happened to businesses with less than 100 employees. The only surefire way to protect your business is by abiding by Cybersecurity best practices.
In the spirit of National Cyber Security Awareness Month, here are a few tips to get you started on the road to cybersecurity:
- Keep up with regulations: They might cost a pretty penny and add to an ever-growing list of things to do for your organization, but mandates like the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) are crafted to protect businesses and customers alike from the debilitating effects of a cyberattack. Not only are there stiff penalties associated with noncompliance, but a data breach could put you out of business.
- Conduct an internal security audit: For an effective internal audit, involve people that have the necessary skills and experience, evaluate current framework and where the company is headed and make sure the internal audit is thorough and completely documented.
- Implement endpoint technologies: Antivirus and anti-malware software and firewalls keep cybercriminals out of your systems.
- Invest in backup and disaster recovery solutions: All too often, backup and disaster recovery solutions get overlooked until it’s too late. In reality, they are one of the most important IT investments a business can make.
- Evolve with the cyberthreats: As malware and ransomware continue to evolve, your network security needs to evolve, as well.
- Hire a third-party IT consultant like 2W Technologies, INC: If you do not have a dedicated IT department, or, you would like another set of expert eyes looking at your cybersecurity plan, you need to make sure you have an IT consultant that fills this role for you.
Let an expert like 2W Tech help you. Contact us today if you need help with your IT security strategy and ongoing protection plan. The sooner your business follows these Cybersecurity best practices, the sooner you can rest easy that your business is protected.
Truly Consistent Hybrid Cloud with Azure
Interested in reading this article? Click the button below to download this asset.