Office 365 Data Loss Prevention Rules
To comply with business standards and industry regulations, organizations need to protect sensitive information and prevent its inadvertent disclosure. Imagine if your organizations financial data or personally identifiable information such as credit card numbers, social security numbers, or health records were leaked. With a data loss prevention policy in the Office 365 Security & Compliance Center, you can identify, monitor, and automatically protect sensitive information across Office 365.
This data loss prevention policy allows you to:
- Identify sensitive information across many locations, such as Exchange Online, SharePoint Online, and OneDrive for Business
- Prevent the accidental sharing of sensitive information
- Monitor and protect sensitive information in the desktop versions of software
- Help users learn how to stay compliant without interrupting their workflow
- View data loss prevention reports showing content that matches your organization’s data loss prevention policies
You can create and manage data loss prevention policies on the data loss prevention page in the Office 365 Security & Compliance Center. Your organizations data loss policy must include the what, when and how. For more help on how to define and set up an appropriate data loss prevention policy, you should seek outside an outside Security expert. 2W Tech is a full-service IT Consulting firm and Gold Microsoft Partner. We have experience with not only designing and implementing data loss prevention policies, but also with data loss prevention in Microsoft Office 365. Give us a call today.