2022 Epicor Industry Insights Report Findings
Every year, Epicor conducts a research study to reveal what is driving organizations to look for and expect from their ERP providers. These considerations are especially critical as organizations are increasingly presented with a growing number of options in making the move to the cloud and expanding technology capabilities beyond traditional ERP. As more options continue to become available, it is important to gauge where the industry is regarding adoption. That is what the 2022 Epicor Industry Insights Report findings reveal.
Here are some key findings from the study:
- Ninety-six percent of organizations surveyed worldwide have confidence in their ability to navigate the initial stages of the ERP purchase process, from initial evaluation to requirements planning.
- Forty-eight percent cited a strong need for more support and partnership from their ERP providers during the latter stages of the purchase journey, from implementation, go-live, and ongoing customer care, to ease migration and realize faster time-to-value.
- Ninety percent of cloud users believe the flexibility, agility, and security benefits of moving to the cloud outweigh the migration effort.
- Eighty-two percent of respondents were operating in a hybrid cloud environment, with 46%, either primarily or entirely in the cloud.
- Ninety percent of decision makers indicated their move to the cloud was worth the effort, having realized a variety of transformational benefits including improved flexibility and adaptability, better security, simple regulatory compliance, and enhanced business resilience.
“Companies are setting a higher bar for their ERP providers to deliver on more than just the technology itself,” said Steve Murphy, CEO of Epicor. “Our annual study shows that customers want a provider that can not only tailor their solution to the industry-specific needs that fit the customer’s business, but also collaborate closely throughout the entire purchase journey to provide transparency, strengthen onboarding and training, ensure dedicated support teams, and ultimately help realize meaningful business value. To do that, the ERP provider can’t just be a software expert, they must also act as a committed partner.”
To read the full study, you can download it here: 2022 Industry Insights Report | Epicor U.S.
2W Tech is an Epicor Platinum Partner and have been working with Epicor solutions for over 30 years. We are also a Microsoft Gold Partner and have IT Consultants on staff that have experience with the Microsoft Azure cloud. To learn more about Epicor Kinetic or Microsoft Azure, give us a call today.