Tips for Digital Transformation Success
The higher-ups within your organization probably have been discussing starting your digital transformation for some time. But it can be overwhelming to find a starting point, especially if your working without an internal IT department.
Here are some tips to consider when starting your digital transformation:
- Obtain buy-in at all levels, including the C-suite: Digital transformation requires change at all levels of your organization, especially from tech-savvy leaders and key decision makers. When leaders — from the senior level down to those specifically working with the digital transformation — are involved in the planning and execution, the transformation is more likely to succeed.
- Take inventory of your current tech stack: By taking stock of the tools used for things like email marketing, customer relationship management (CRM) and internal collaboration, you will have a better idea of how to streamline and make functions more efficient.
- Create a roadmap: A digital transformation requires an explicit vision for how these digital tools will be leveraged as well as a detailed plan for execution across the organization. To accomplish this, you need to assess your organizational goals, analyze your integration needs and focus on communication.
- Optimize operations: The next step is to set clear planning methods and explicit procedures, reducing the time spent on misunderstandings and improving overall workflows.
- Cloud computing helps companies embrace simplification: Over the past several years, SAP transitioned from highly customized software to Software as a Service (SaaS) and embraced working with multiple Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) companies. This shift has provided customers with software that is easier to use and update.
- Cloud, analytics and new data enable contextual, personalized experiences: The cloud also has enabled scale, flexibility and the opportunity to deliver new business models such as mass customization, data as a service, and equipment as a service.
- Continuously evaluate and make adjustments: Never settle when it comes to your digital transformation. Be sure to drive your evaluations with metrics, collecting data and sharing it in ways that specific teams can leverage for additional growth.
The best approach to the digital transformation is to have a plan before attempting to implement any new technologies or trends. 2W Tech is a full-service IT consulting firm that specializes in solutions for the manufacturing industry and can assist you with your digital transformation. Give us a call today.
Do You Understand the Public Cloud?