The Benefits of Firewalls
Cyberattacks on your network are increasingly complex, but the first line of defense remains a simple solution: firewalls. Your firewall offers the first line of defense against attacks on your business at the perimeter of your surface.
Here are some of what your firewall does:
- Monitors network traffic – The benefits of firewall security start with the ability to monitor network traffic. Data coming in and out of your systems creates opportunities for threats to compromise your operations. By monitoring and analyzing network traffic, firewalls leverage pre-established rules and filters to keep your systems protected.
- Stops virus attacks – One of the most visible benefits of firewalls is the ability to control your system’s entry points and stop virus attacks.
- Prevents hacking – A firewall can stop a hacker completely or force them to choose an easier target. With the rise of data theft and criminals holding systems hostage, firewalls have become even more important, as they prevent hackers from gaining access to your data, emails, systems and network.
- Stops spyware – As systems become more complex and robust, the entry points criminals can use to gain access to your systems also increase. One of the most common ways unwanted actors gain access is by employing spyware and malware—programs designed to infiltrate your systems, control your computers, and steal your data. Firewalls serve as an important blockade against these malicious programs.
- Promotes privacy – By proactively working to keep your data and your customer’s data safe, you build an environment of privacy your clients can trust. Also, upgraded data-protection systems can be a competitive advantage and a selling point to customers and clients, and a firewall is a great solution to protect your systems.
To ensure your firewall is installed and updated properly, you should turn to a trusted cybersecurity expert like 2W Tech. 2W Tech has IT security consultants on staff who are experts in cyber defense, including firewalls. Contact us today to protect your systems from cybercriminals.
Epicor in Azure Offers Top Notch Security