Simple Microsoft Teams Tricks
You’d be surprised how much you can accomplish when you go beyond the basics with Microsoft Teams. This enterprise chat tool has so many twists and turns it can really take the average person a long time to master. There are plenty of hidden capabilities that can easily boost your productivity levels, if you would just commit the time to learn them. Here are some simple Microsoft Teams tricks that can help you maximize the capabilities of this social collaboration tool.
- Tip 1: You can bridge location gaps with Microsoft Teams features. You can benefit from an extended talent pool in your organization by having a reach into several countries. Language barrier, not a thing! Inline message translation keeps everyone on the same page and communicating in their preferred language. Just click on the ellipses next to a message to translate it.
- Tip 2: Enhance Microsoft Teams video with real-time captions. Using the “Translate to” menu, users broadcasting content can choose to add captions in a specific language to suit their target audience. You’ll also be able to download your meetings transcript after the conversation has finished. Attendees can turn on live captions as well.
- Tip 3: Find Team users instantly with @mentions. @Mention filtration in the search bar is an excellent feature for companies with a lot of employees to cater to. All you need to do is enter the username of the person you want to reach after the @ symbol in the search bar.
- Tip 4: Follow Teams channels to reduce information overload. Following channels that matter most will help to reduce the amount of unnecessary information coming your way.
- Tip 5: Customize your Teams background. Video conferencing is a great way to bring teams together, regardless of where your users might be. However, people may be reluctant to join a video meeting if their environment is messy or distracting. You can blur everything behind you in a video, for absolute privacy.
These are just a few tips for maximizing your Office 365 Teams experience. For help with more tips, give us a call. 2W Tech is a Microsoft Gold Partner and has experts on staff that specialize in the Office 365 solutions.