Potential Benefits of the Internet of Things Combined with ERP
The internet of thing (IoT) has many benefits with increased productivity, improved business decisions, and customer experience. These all lead to lower costs, higher margins, and increased growth. When you apply IoT to a modern ERP system, the returns are even more substantial. Modern ERP systems provide rules-based logic to apply to data and workflows that can trigger events and notifications. When you receive notifications quicker, you can respond quicker, reducing the potential for damage.
Here are some other potential benefits of combining IoT with ERP:
- Know measured condition in real-time
- Receive immediate notifications via alerts and automation of a condition, guide action and correct a condition without human intervention
- Gain better visibility into your supply chain from supplier to client
- Visibility and automation reduce inventory loss and wastage from measured negative conditions, such as damage or spoilage
- More accurate data information will reduce unfilled orders and prevent excess stock
IoT, combined with a cloud ERP solution, can provide your manufacturing business with the tools you need to compete in the digital age. If you need help moving your ERP system to the Microsoft Azure cloud or need help better understanding the IoT tools your business can be utilizing, give us a call. 2W Tech is a technology service provider specializing in solutions for the manufacturing industry. We are an Epicor Platinum Partner, and holder of several Microsoft Gold designations.