Keeping with the excitement Microsoft built from Microsoft Build 2023, they have announced 45 new features for Microsoft Teams in June 2023.
Here are some of the highlights:
- Microsoft has incorporated Spatial audio into Teams, a new audio experience designed to add “a next-generation immersive soundscape to Teams meetings when using either a wired stereo headset or built-in stereo speakers.”
- Updates to the Together mode feature include permission to remove your own video from the gallery, as well as ability to view the name labels supporting status icons and raised hands and reactions within the view.
- New capability to mark all your notifications in the activity as read.
- Compact chat list feature.
- Users will also be able to display their location in their profiles.
- Microsoft has now made it possible to customize the backgrounds in a Teams Room on Windows.
- Meeting organizers and presenters can now select Together mode for all meeting participants.
- New default meeting layout options for IT admins. That is, Content only and Content + gallery. “Teams Rooms Standard, Premium, and Pro service customers additionally have Front row as one of their default layout options.”
- Microsoft has also made significant enhancements to the Teams Button on peripheral devices certified for Microsoft Teams that allows you easier access to join meetings.
To view the entire list of new functionalities in Microsoft Teams from June 2023, click here to access the Microsoft Official Blog.