Microsoft Teams Boosts Webinar Hosting Features
Microsoft just announced some exciting new features will be rolling out in Microsoft Teams in the next 6 weeks. For a business that regularly hosts webinars on various topics, we are very excited about these upcoming changes.
The new webinar and meeting features include:
- Registration page creation with email confirmation for registrant
- Reporting for registration and attendance
These capabilities will be available to all users with the following licenses: Office 365 or Microsoft 365 E3/E5/A3/A5/Business Standard/Business Premium. For the rest of 2021, Microsoft is offering a promotional period where all Teams users can try the features with their existing subscription.
When scheduling a meeting, you can now see a Webinar on the Calendar drop down menu in Teams in both the web and desktop app. All users will be able to schedule webinars unless current policy configuration prohibits it.
The registration feature will be on by default for everyone. To view the registrants, there is an “AllowEngagementReport” policy that should be set to true.
You can manage the registration feature in the Teams admin center or with PowerShell commands. There are three options for admin management.
- Turn off registration for the entire tenant
- Turn off registration for external attendees, the For everyone option
- Give select users the ability to create a registration page that supports external attendees. All other users would be able create a registration page for people inside the tenant.
With these new webinar and meeting features being rolled out soon, your organization needs to decide how you are going to take advantage of these features and in what capacity. If you need helping managing these settings or want to learn more about Microsoft 365 or Microsoft Teams, give 2W Tech a call today. We are a technology service provider specializing in solutions for the manufacturing industry, as well as a Microsoft Gold Partner.