Microsoft Azure for IoT
The Azure IoT is a collection of Microsoft-managed cloud services that connect, monitor, and control billions of IoT assets. In simpler terms, an IoT solution is made up of one or more IoT devices and one or more back-end services running in the cloud that communicate with each other. These devices are generally made up of a circuit board with sensors attached that connect to the internet and communicate via a Wi-Fi chip.
There are several IoT-related services in Azure and it can be difficult to understand each and what might be best for you. Some, such as IoT Central and the IoT solution accelerators, provide templates to help you create your own solution and get started quickly. You can also fully develop your own solutions using other services available, it all depends on how much help you want, and how much control.
Here is a snapshot of the Microsoft Azure IoT products and services:
- Azure IoT Central – Experience fully managed SaaS for IoT, no cloud expertise needed
- Azure IoT Solution Accelerators – Customize solution templates for common IoT scenarios
- Azure IoT Edge – Extend Intelligence from the cloud to your edge devices
- Azure IoT Hub – Connect, monitor, and control billions of IoT assets
- Azure Digital Twins – Create a digital model of your physical space or assets
- Azure Time Series Insights – Explore and gain insights from time-series IoT data in real time
- Azure Sphere – Build and connect highly secure MCU-powered devices
Connect your devices to the cloud using flexible IoT solutions that integrate with your existing infrastructure. Microsoft Azure offers many products and services that allows your business to take advantage of IoT. 2W Tech is a Microsoft Gold Partner and has IT Consultants on staff that can help you decide which of these options is best for you.