Kick-Start Your ERP Project
It is the moment you have been dreading, you must finally move forward with replacing or upgrading your ERP system. ERP projects are complex in nature and unfortunately, there is no way around that. However, your ERP project does not have to be daunting if you work with the right partner and follow some crucial steps to get your project started on the right foot.
Kick-start your ERP project by following these steps:
- Determine your business requirements: It is important to determine what your business needs, based on its status and future goals. Your solutions need to be able
to support your goals as your business evolves and adapts and ultimately enable growth. You do not want to have to take on another ERP project because you did not properly plan.
- Confirm the support of senior management: It is important to
acquire approval and buy-in to proceed with the initial project. Without this step, there is no guarantee the project goes smooth.
- Functionality of your current system: Understanding your current ecosystem allows suppliers to determine best solution for your needs, allowing for future growth. Special attention needs to be paid to legacy software.
- List your priorities: Prioritize the challenges that need to be addressed by the business. Make sure you pick the top priorities that will make the biggest impact to the business.
- Create a project roadmap: Having a clear roadmap outlines expected investment, timeline of deliverables, go-live, and impact on bottom line (ROI). It helps keep vested parties in the loop.
- Evaluate ERP system options best for your industry: Develop a short list of ERP vendors that are in your industry to provide support and requirements that are important for your business. Do not compromise on this step.
2W Tech is one of the largest Epicor partners in North America. We have been working with Epicor ERP solutions for over 30 years. Epicor Kinetic is designed specifically with manufacturers in mind. If you are interested in learning more about Epicor Kinetic ERP, give us a call today.