Having Success with the Digital Transformation
Reaping the benefits of your digital transformation takes a game plan and, of course, a large investment in your organization. But is there a blueprint for success, or does every company need to determine what “success” looks like to them and work from there?
Every organization may take a different path for their digital transformation, but there are a handful of key factors, according to respondents to a survey by McKinsey & Company released in October 2018, that will help get your organization to the digital promised land:
- Having the right digital-savvy leaders in place — Nearly 70 percent of all respondents say their organizations’ top teams changed during the transformation — most commonly when new leaders familiar with digital technologies joined the management team.
- Building capabilities for the workforce of the future — The survey results confirm that developing talent and skills throughout the organization — a fundamental action for traditional transformations — is one of the most important factors for success in a digital change effort.
- Empowering people to work in new ways — Digital transformations require cultural and behavioral changes such as calculated risk-taking, increased collaboration and customer centricity.
- Giving day-to-day tools a digital upgrade — An increase in data-based decision making and in the visible use of interactive tools can more than double the likelihood of a transformation’s success.
- Communicating frequently via traditional and digital methods — The elements with the greatest influence on success are clear targets for organizations’ key performance indicators and clear communication of the transformation’s timeline.
Many manufacturers have embraced the digital transformation and the benefits that it can bring to their business. The digital transformation can only have a positive impact on your business if you are implementing the technologies properly and in the correct environment. The best approach to the digital transformation is to have a plan before attempting to implement any new technologies or trends. 2W Tech is a full-service IT consulting firm that specializes in solutions for the manufacturing industry and can assist you with your digital transformation. Give us a call today.
Be Compliant with the Regulations That Apply to Your Industry