Email Security is Necessary for your Business
As you and just about every cybercriminal know, email is a popular medium for the spread of malware, spam and phishing attacks, using deceptive messages to entice recipients to divulge sensitive information, open attachments or click on hyperlinks that install malware on the victim’s device. Email is also a common entry vector for attackers looking to gain a foothold in an enterprise network and breach valuable company data.
This makes email security a necessity for individual and business email accounts, and there are multiple measures organizations should take to enhance email security:
- Engage employees in ongoing security education around email security risks and how to avoid falling victim to phishing attacks over email.
- Require employees to use strong passwords and mandate password changes periodically.
- Use email encryption to protect email content and attachments.
- Implement security best practices for bring-your-own-device (BYOD) if your company allows employees to access corporate email on personal devices.
- Ensure that webmail applications are able to secure logins and use encryption.
- Implement scanners and other tools to scan messages and block emails containing malware or other malicious files before they reach end-users.
- Implement a data-protection solution to identify sensitive data and prevent it from being lost via email.
2W Tech can help you implement active measures to help ensure email security is achieved. 2W Tech is a full-service IT Consulting firm that specializes in security solutions and is a Microsoft Gold Partner. Give us a call today to get started in protecting your email, whether its Microsoft Office 365 or another email program.