Components of a Good Cybersecurity Solution
There are plenty of components that go into a good Cybersecurity solution. In order to avoid overlooking any one of those components, it’s a good idea to rely on an IT consultant like 2W Tech to guide you along the way.
Here are eight components we’ve highlighted to get you started:
- Secure Email Gateway — This is an appliance that provides anti-spam and anti-malware protection. It is installed on top of a corporation’s email server and pre-screens all inbound and outbound messages to prevent spearfishing campaigns, annoying marketing emails and malware-infected attachments.
- Endpoint protection — This appliance provides mobile device management to protect cell phones, tablets and laptops within a corporation’s network. It also provides personal workstation antivirus and personal workstation firewall by preventing the user from downloading harmful software on the internet and from malware-infected websites.
- Next-generation firewall — The term “next generation” refers to the firewall’s ability to do more than just control traffic. Next-generation firewalls also include the ability to perform intrusion prevention, anti-virus inspection and traffic decryption to identify harmful encrypted applications before they enter the company’s network.
- Intrusion prevention system/intrusion detection system/wireless intrusion prevention system — These systems are appliances that monitor a computer network for malicious activity, log that activity and attempt to block it/stop it, and report it to the appropriate IT staff within the corporation.
- Data loss prevention — Data loss prevention is a strategy for making sure end-users in a business do not send sensitive or critical information outside the corporate network.
- Security incident and event management — Security incident and event management is the process of identifying, monitoring, recording and analyzing security events or incidents within a corporate network. It also refers to hardware and software solutions that provide a comprehensive and centralized view of the security architecture of an IT infrastructure.
- Secure web gateway — This is a hardware appliance and/or software solution similar to a firewall, which protects web surfing PCs from infection and enforces company policies regarding which websites users are allowed to visit and what types of downloads can take place.
- Unified threat management — This is a bundled solution of the seven aforementioned security features in a single appliance.
As you can see, there are plenty of moving parts involved with ensuring the effectiveness of your cybersecurity plan. There’s no need to attempt to tackle this part of your business on your own. Contact 2W Tech today to get started with your Cybersecurity Compliance Program.