Best Uses for Artificial Intelligence in Smart Manufacturing
These days, the amount of automation in your factory can make or break your bottom line. Make sure you have AI in your facility to keep your operations in motion while you and your workforce watch from home. Smart manufacturing covers much of manufacturing that employs computer-integrated manufacturing, high levels of adaptability and rapid design changes, digital information technology, and more flexible technical workforce training.
Here are some of the best uses for AI in your smart manufacturing facility:
- Design – Automation during the coronavirus pandemic is more important than ever, and automated component design is one of the most common uses of AI in R&D.
- Data management – Organizations are using AI data management solutions to perform tasks like data acquisition, data filtering, data cleaning, data integration and data analysis in real-time.
- Cybersecurity and privacy – AI-driven cybersecurity and privacy typically involve the automation of observing a network’s infrastructure and detecting threats in real-time. Also, it is often part of a larger cybersecurity strategy and solution.
- Supply chain optimization – AI harnesses predictive analytics to reduce inventory planning time, minimize inventory cost, optimize repairs and find optimal reorder points.
- Manufacturing process optimization – Robotics and autonomous machines that replicate monotonous human tasks in the manufacturing process use reinforcement learning techniques to train the machines to achieve accuracy.
- Predictive maintenance – Predictive maintenance uses advanced analytics and machine learning to determine the condition of a single or entire set of assets to determine the remaining useful life of an asset.
2W Tech is a technology service provider that specializes in solutions for the manufacturing industry. Give us a call today to learn more about adopting artificial intelligence solutions within your manufacturing business.