Top Emerging Cybersecurity Threats
The European Union Agency for Cybersecurity (ENISA) released a new infographic highlighting the top cybersecurity threats likely to emerge by 2030. After conducting months and months of research, ENISA has identified and ranked the top 10 cybersecurity threats to emerge by 2030. The study considered the four groups of threat actions referred to in the ENISA Threat Landscape report (Click here to read) and divided the threats into high-level categories.
The top 10 emerging cybersecurity threats by 2030 are expected to be:
- Supply chain compromise of software dependencies
- Advanced disinformation campaigns
- Rise of digital surveillance authoritarianism/loss of privacy
- Human error and exploited legacy systems within cyber-physical ecosystems
- Targeted attacks enhanced by smart device data
- Lack of analysis and control of space-based infrastructure and objects
- Rise of advanced hybrid threats
- Skills shortage
- Cross-border ICT service providers as a single point of failure
- Artificial intelligence abuse
Large cyberthreats and attacks on the supply chain can come from everywhere, so it is essential to support a holistic and multidisciplinary approach to cybersecurity. A business has to keep cybersecurity threats and solutions top of mind since this report shows they are not going away anytime soon.
If you need help accessing your security solutions stack or want to learn more about any of the above trends, give us a call today. 2W Tech is a technology solutions provider specializing in solutions for the manufacturing industry. We have a team of IT Consultants that can help guide your business through your cybersecurity journey.