The Value of HITRUST Certification
There are plenty of industry-related regulations your company must follow, and one of them is likely the HITRUST Common Security Framework (CSF). However, HITRUST is in a unique position to help you maintain compliance with several other regulations within your industry due to its active management and thoroughness – even before you complete the validation process.
In a recent blog, HITRUST listed several reasons getting HITRUST CSF certified provides extended value beyond maintaining compliance with this specific framework:
- Efficiency meets needs – By getting HITRUST-certified, you can accelerate through discussing and meeting data security assurance concerns as you share information and perform data-related services for business partners.
- Reliance on a single benchmark – Depending on the assessment and scope performed, the HITRUST CSF covers more than 40 authoritative sources, so one certification may cover many needs.
- Competitive advantage – HITRUST certifications are widely adopted and recognized so they strengthen existing business relationships and help start new partnerships with clients.
- Internally strengthen security posture – The HISTRUST Approach identifies issues your organization can address to improve cybersecurity and reduce risk.
- Improves external stakeholder confidence – HITRUST uses a proven, consistent, formalized process to increase trust and transparency.
- Actively managed – The HITRUST Approach uses dedicated staff to update and revise controls in the CSF to meet the latest risk factors, security threats and regulatory requirements. Other CSFs are either managed on limited scopes or not actively managed at all.
2W Tech has a Cybersecurity Compliance Program that is designed to support our clients’ compliance obligations like HITRUST. We are also a Microsoft Gold Partner who can help you make the most of Microsoft Azure and Microsoft 365. Call us today to get started.