Speed Up Artificial Intelligence Adoption in the Cloud
Most enterprises have accepted the fact that artificial intelligence is a required technology for their operations. However, the key challenge facing these enterprises is not only beating the competition in embracing these functions, but also how to do so. Can they hire a staff of data scientists? That is not exactly a cost-effective solution, especially for most SMBs in the manufacturing industry. Instead, companies ought to look at their cloud services like Microsoft Azure for the answer to their AI dilemmas.
In a recent study, 84 percent of technical decision-makers surveyed see significant opportunities with AI and believe they must implement AI to maintain a competitive advantage in their industry. Also, 50 percent of these respondents do not believe their organizations have the right resources in place to add AI capabilities to their applications, despite the fact the quick path to these capabilities lies in cloud AI services.
Cloud AI services give organizations access to responsibly built AI capabilities without the need for extensive data science and development skills. The report suggests companies should focus on five use cases to get started on AI where it is value already has been proven:
- Knowledge mining – Much of an organization’s knowledge is embedded in terabytes and sometimes petabytes of data from databases, documents, images, drawings, and handwritten/hand-drawn documents – much of which is unstructured data. AI-powered knowledge mining first analyzes documents to structure content, then sifts through all this info wat a digital speed to make it available to anyone via a search query or application-initiated automatic search.
- Document process automation – AI in the form of OCR for text extraction combined with natural language processing for understanding can pull valuable information such as terms, pricing and much more to automate actions in business processes and route to the right people to handle exceptions.
- Speech transcription and analytics – AI can listen to human speech and transcribe that into the written word, particularly important for medical, legal and inspection professionals looking for a hands-free way to capture valuable information to transcribing any spoken interaction to the written word.
- Machine translation – AI understands and instantly translates popular spoken languages from one to another, making cross-region business more accessible.
- Conversational AI – This enables enterprise developers to create rich, contextual digital assistants to speed up the discovery of information for customer use cases and employee use cases.
What problems can cloud-based AI services solve for you? To learn more, contact 2W Tech. We are a Microsoft Gold partner specializing in solutions for the manufacturing industry. Partner with us to start your AI initiatives within the Microsoft Azure hybrid cloud.
How Manufacturers Can Find Success with Artificial Intelligence