Protect Your Organization from State-Sponsored Cyberattacks
The Russian/Ukrainian War has placed cybersecurity professionals throughout the United States on high alert for state-sponsored cyberattacks on organizations here in America. No matter the size of your business or your industry, you need to secure your cybersecurity perimeter immediately.
The Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency (CISA) recommends all organizations adopt a heighted cybersecurity posture to protect their most critical assets. CISA has compiled a list of actions organizations here in the U.S. should take immediately.
For example, to reduce the likelihood of a damaging cyber intrusion:
- Validate that all remote access to the organization’s network and privileged or administrative access requires multi-factor authentication.
- Ensure that software is up to date, prioritizing updates that address known exploited vulnerabilities identified by CISA.
- Confirm that the organization’s IT personnel have disabled all ports and protocols that are not essential for business purposes.
- If the organization is using cloud services, ensure that IT personnel have reviewed and implemented strong controls outlined in CISA’s guidance.
You can maximize your organization’s resilience to a destructive cyber incident by doing the following:
- Test backup procedures to ensure that critical data can be rapidly restored if the organization is impacted by ransomware or a destructive cyberattack and ensure that critical backups are isolated from network connections.
- If using industrial control systems or operational technology, conduct a test of manual controls to ensure that critical functions remain operable if the organization’s network is unavailable or untrusted.
There are plenty of other ways to strengthen your cybersecurity perimeter, so it is time to find a third party to help you through this overwhelming process. For expert advice, partner with 2W Tech. We’re a technology services provider who specializes in solutions for the manufacturing industry. Call 2W Tech today to strengthen your cybersecurity posture.