Popular Questions About Microsoft Azure Answered
Microsoft Azure is Microsoft’s public cloud computing platform. It provides a range of cloud services including compute, analytics, storage, and networking. Users can pick and choose from those services to develop and scale new applications, or to run their existing applications. Azure offers 4 different forms of cloud computing: infrastructure as a service (IaaS), platform as a service (PaaS), software as a service (SaaS) and serverless. Sounds easy to understand right?!
As a business is looking to move some or all their applications to the Microsoft Cloud platform, there is much thought and deliberation that goes into this process.
To help with that process, here are some questions and answers on Microsoft Azure:
- Is Azure secure? Yes. Microsoft is committed to the highest levels of trust, transparency, standards conformance, and regulatory compliance. Azure also has 90+ compliance offerings, the most in the industry.
- What other customers are using Azure? 95% of Fortune 500 companies chose Azure over Google and AWS. Azure is popular with businesses of varying size and industries. Want to read some Microsoft Azure Customer Success Stories? Click here.
- Is it only for Windows applications and services? No, Azure is the platform for choices. It supports open-source technologies, so you can use the tools and technologies you prefer. Run virtually any application using your data source, with your operating system, on your device.
- Will Azure really save me money? You pay nothing upfront; you only pay for what you use. You get competitive pricing on Azure cloud, with more included features than the competition.
- Can I try Azure services? Yes, and for free! Create an Azure free account to experiment and build in the cloud, including access to free Azure products and services.
- How does Azure compare to other clouds? Azure is THE ONLY consistent hybrid cloud, delivers unparalleled developer productivity, provides comprehensive, multilayered security, including the largest compliance coverage of any cloud on the market. You get all of that and pay less. Win-win.
Not sure what cloud to put your trust in? Let us help guide you. 2W Tech is a technology service provider specializing in solutions for the manufacturing industry. We are a Microsoft Gold Partner with IT Consultants on staff that have expertise in the Microsoft Azure Cloud. Don’t just trust your Azure spend to anyone.