Mistakes to Avoid When Selecting a Managed Service Provider
Many businesses are looking to partner with a Managed Service Provider to help them navigate the complex nature of their ever-changing technology landscape. MSPs are highly skilled technology partners that help a business simplify their technology and ease their headaches. In a world where technology moves at incredible speed, MSPs have become integral to companies’ IT environments.
Picking an MSP to partner with can be challenging. There are some critical errors you should avoid when selecting a managed service provider:
- Choosing based on price. Everybody is budget conscience but picking the cheapest MSP services can cost you more money in the end.
- Handing over all control. You need to make sure you are involved in timing and costs, but it is ok to hand over the day-to-day control of your IT operations over to your experienced partner. Just don’t lose sight of what is happening, it is still your business.
- Choosing a partner that doesn’t understand your business and network infrastructure. MSPs need to understand how your network functions and the parameters for them to provide proper support. Without proper clarity, there could be problems later when things aren’t working as expected.
- Failure to understand Service Level Agreements (SLAs). All MSPs come with a Service Level Agreement (SLA) that defines the services offered to meet your business requirements. There are crucial details within the SLA. Make sure both parties review and understand the terms.
- Assuming all MSPs are the same. MSPs vary in experience, values, customer service levels. Make sure you not only get along with the MSP, but make sure they are a good match in skills for what your business needs.
2W Tech is a technology service provider specializing in solutions for the manufacturing industry. We are a Managed Service Provider that has been in business for over 30 years. Give us a call today to start exploring our Managed Service plans and discover how 2W Tech can help modernize your technology landscape and reduce your internal burden.