IoT Technologies Emerging This Year
We are seeing emerging trends with the Internet of Things being majorly driven by technologies like artificial intelligence, blockchain, 5G, and edge computing. Awesome technological advances are increasing the value IoT applications are bringing to business, making operation management more efficient, improving productivity of resources, and reducing labor costs.
Let’s look closer at some of these emerging IoT technology trends:
- IoT security: companies all around the globe are developing IoT security solutions using various technologies. Security is one of the major concerns when it comes to such an extensive level of connectivity, so it’s no surprise we are seeing security as one of the top emerging trends.
- 5G technology: one of the most important IoT trend emerging this year. These 5G trends include real time data processing, lower latency, network slicing, higher transmission speed and extensive coverage.
- Blockchain: ensuring the data protection in IoT devices, allowing for successful interaction between multiple network nodes and safe record keeping.
- Artificial Intelligence applications: IoT development services are combining AI algorithms and IoT devices to help automate processes and reduce downtime and operating costs, increase efficiency, and enable predictive maintenance.
- Voice activated devices: due to the popularity of devices like Siri and Amazon Echo, voice interactions have gained traction and are being used in applications across various industries that will allow users to change settings, give commands and receive results from other smart devices.
- Edge computing: on the rise due to COVID-19 and increased remote work. We are seeing large corporations developing solutions for edges with cloud-like features. One of the main reasons for deploying workloads to the edge is to decrease latency and bandwidth issues, as well as move processes and storage closer to the users.
All these emerging technologies are creating all sorts of new capabilities for IoT devices and applications. New types of sensors, machine learning on tiny devices, container technology, network slicing, and TinyML are just some of the exciting products we are seeing.
2W Tech is a technology service provider and Microsoft Gold Partner. We have IT Consultants on staff that specialize in solutions that help drive the digital transformation. Give us a call today to discuss more about the emerging trends within the Internet of Things and how they can help improve your business efficiency and help modernize your technology.
IT Security and Compliance Importance Explained in Just a Few Minutes
Enjoy Your Teleconferences More Through Mesh for Microsoft Teams