ERP Implementation Mistakes to Avoid
ERP implementations are a huge undertaking for a business; it refers to the process of installing and configuring an ERP software system within an organization. Every ERP implementation includes a serious of phases, such as analysis, design, implementation, testing, deployment, and training. It is usually a complex and time-consuming process, but when successful, can really bring a slew of benefits to an organization.
It is important to be aware of common mistakes that can occur during the implementation process and to take the necessary steps to avoid them when possible. They include:
- Not involving key stakeholders: Can lead to a lack of buy-in and support for the project. Selecting representative from all departments and levels of the organization can help ensure a well-balanced adoption.
- Underestimating the complexity of the project: Every delay and added costs can cost you valuable time and money.
- Not having a clear plan with timelines: It is crucial to detail every step and timeline to ensure your project stays on track and on time.
- Not having a dedicated implementation team: You must have the necessary skills and expertise on the project or areas and details will be missed that could be detrimental to the project.
- Not providing training and support: If users cannot use the new ERP system, it is for not. Users need adequate training to unleash the full potential the ERP system can bring to their jobs and the business.
- No upkeep and maintenance: Your system needs regular tune-ups to ensure it continues to function correctly and meet the needs of the business. Letting small issues go can eventually lead to a break of the entire ERP system.
Avoiding any of these common ERP implementation mistakes can help ensure a successful implementation process and can help you see the results of your hard work sooner. Our team here at 2W Tech takes our Epicor implementations very serious and have a top of line project management team that helps ensure your entire project and our teams stays on task to get you the best outcome! If you are interested in learning more about Epicor Kinetic ERP or our ERP implementation methodology, give us a call today!