Best Uses of Microsoft Power BI
Microsoft Power BI (business intelligence) has helped countless companies get a better handle on how to use the terabytes of data they produce to gain insights into every aspect of their operations.
If you have not used Microsoft Power BI or you are still determining how to best use this feature, here are some best use applications you may want to consider for your business:
- Visualization of your data – Microsoft Power BI provides tools that are visual and allow business folks to understand the business data. They can visualize key data points accurately from various sources in a single dashboard. This is a huge improvement from the computer programs written in coding language – at least from the businessperson’s point of view.
- Server-level data management – Power BI tools let you manage all the business-related data at the server level with the goal that you have more extensive and complete information systems than the data you collected from a program working on a few PCs.
- Analytics with internal software systems – Microsoft Power BI merges with any software platform used to manage your business. This includes mail management, social media platforms, accounting software, CRMs (Customer Relationship Management) and traditional platforms like Microsoft Azure and MySQL. If your organization uses integrated data management, then you do not need to use multiple dashboards for managing the data.
- Streamline organizational processes – Departments like sales, marketing, operations, HR, etc., need their own data sets, KPIs, and their own data management systems. Power BI offers specific functionality for your organization as a data management system and app to streamline processes from these different departments.
- Create reporting standards – Through Power BI, you can pull data and generate reports using organizational standards. This is less chaotic for managers and takes less time to get the data since it is presented in the same format and style each time.
2W Tech is a Microsoft Gold Partner and would love to introduce your business to Power BI and the benefits this data analytics product can bring to your business. Contact 2W Tech today to see how robust dashboards can be customized to your business intelligence needs.