Benefits to Adopting AI in Manufacturing
Artificial intelligence (AI) has been the hot technology topic for some time now and it is not getting any less exciting with time. Most manufacturers are slower in adopting modern technologies, but AI in manufacturing can be a game changer. Greater efficiencies, lower costs, improved quality, and reduced downtime are just some of the impressive benefits it can offer a business.
Overall, using AI in manufacturing allows for faster and more accurate decision making, especially helpful in forecasting and understanding anomalies. If you have enough historic data and context about the decisions and process around the data, there is a good chance that you can develop predictions.
- Predictive maintenance. Using history from maintenance logs, you can predict future behavior of a machine. You can forecast when it needs fixing and how and why to significantly reduce machine downtime.
- Predictive quality. Predicting and reducing failures can save money.
- Scrap reduction. Using metrics to predict behavior across product specifications can minimize scrap, while maximizing product quality.
- Increasing yield/thruput. Forecasting can help understand when existing processes or machines will not meet specifications so adjustments can be made to help reduce quality passes.
- Demand and inventory forecasting.
- Safety. Remote access to machines that may present a safety risk or even save a tired employee from having to make a visit to the shop floor to fix a problem.
- 24/7 production. Machines do not need sleep.
Artificial intelligence can have a significant impact in manufacturing. Using AI tools to pinpoint ways to improve operations, can help drive future success in decision making and increasing the bottom-line.
2W Tech used AI technologies within our business and it has opened the door for some really cool things. Has your business yet started experimenting with AI in your business? If not, give the team at 2W Tech a call today. Together, let us find a way to make your business successful with AI!